VeganMoFo

Sunday 13 September 2015

Vegan MoFo Day 12 - Tell us about your favourite cookbook

Hey guys! Sorry I'm a bit late with this post, yesterday was a bit hectic.

Today's prompt is to share our favourite cookbook with you, but which one to pick? I have quite a few good cookbooks from amazing authors like Isa Chandra Moskowitz, Chloe  Coscarelli and Sarah Kramer to name a few but the book I'm going to choose isn't quite as polished in terms of recipes as the aforementioned authors. I'm talking about vegan stoner! Anyone who has this book will know what I mean; the recipes often call for ready-made ingredients like store bought seitan, instant mash and *gasp* frozen vegetables! Whilst some people would be put off by this, I think it's really fun. Sometimes you want to be able to throw dinner together quickly and with few ingredients and this book certainly encourages that.



I was first drawn to vegan stoner when it was a fairly new blog, I think maybe around 2011 when I first went vegan. As an illustrator myself, the humorous drawings really caught my attention (they're so cute!). It really helped me out as I was a terrible cook and needed all the help I could get; going vegan can be daunting at first, especially if you suck in the kitchen!
Today I made the pizza baguette for breakfast, except I used freshly baked sourdough bread and replaced the margarine with olive oil. It was delicious and perfect Sunday morning food.







No comments:

Post a Comment