VeganMoFo

Friday 19 September 2014

Herby quinoa and beet salad

Day 19 of Vegan MoFo and the weather here is showing no signs of cooling down so salad time it is! I don't know about you but I cannot be doing with salads made entirely from cold vegetables. I need something in there a little more filling. This is, like most of my recipes, really easy to make. You can sub the coriander for fresh mint if you're not a coriander fan (apparently there are people that don't like coriander....I know, right?). Normally I would use broad beans but I forgot that I schnarfed all the beans so I used peas instead. Peas are great!

Ingredients
1-2 cups cooked quinoa (depending on how much you want to make)
A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
A handful of fresh coriander, chopped
2-3 beetroots, peeled and chopped
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1/3 cup peas or broad beans
A tbsp good quality olive oil
1/2 tbsp agave nectar
Good squeeze of lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste

Method
Cook the quinoa in vegetable stock then leave to cool.
Seperate with a fork then add the olive oil, agave, salt & pepper and lemon juice.
Mix well then add the remaining ingredients.
Check for seasoning then serve.




1 comment: