VeganMoFo

Saturday 26 September 2015

Vegan MoFo day 26 - It’s cold and rainy and there’s a snow drift outside your door! What are you going to make using the ingredients you have?

Well funny you should say that as it's the end of the week and I have literally no fresh produce, all cupboard ingredients, so today's challenge is ideal!
What to make with just dried ingredients? Dahl of course! I've been told that dahl is a dish traditionally eaten by poorer folk in India as it's made from cheap ingredients that tend to be bought in bulk and easy to store. It's a Western thing to pimp it up with lots of vegetables etc so I made mine using red lentils, split yellow peas, water, cumin seeds, turmeric, garam masala, coconut oil, sliced garlic and salt. I served it with short grain brown rice and it was pretty filling and very tasty!
Not the prettiest or most interesting plate of food to look at but it does the job.



I'm sorry it's not very exciting. Here's a picture of a cute little peeg instead.


2 comments:

  1. I saw a few dahls yesterday, it's a good idea - staple ingredients, and really hearty and warming. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Dahl. I picked it too for this prompt :)

    ReplyDelete