VeganMoFo

Thursday 11 September 2014

Rhubarb rhubarb

Or should I say riwbob riwbob? This is an easy peasy recipe for a rhubarb tart, or tarten riwbob in Welsh. Apologies for the messiness of it and the rubbish photo, I got home late last night and this was all I could muster.

Ingredients
5-6 large sticks of rhubarb, sliced
A little water
100g sugar
Large pinch of mixed spice
Shortcrust pastry (I bought ready-made, don't hate)

Method
Peel the stringy bits off the rhubarb and chop into chunks. Place in the pan with the sugar, mixed spice and a little water and cook on a low heat until the fruit is cooked and the sugar is all melted. Remove from the heat and roll out your pastry.
Line a dish of some description with pastry, fill with the rhubarb then place some kind of pastry lid on top....as you can see mine was nice and messy. Dust with cinnamon and sugar, bake until the pastry is done and nom with some custard.



2 comments:

  1. The simplicity of this recipe, along with its presentation, really appeals to me. Plus, I love rhubarb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I'm all for recipes that require minimal faffing about, sometimes simple is good :)

    ReplyDelete